Saturday 27 October 2012

Magi - Episode 3 "The Sorceror of Creation" Thoughts + K-ON! Movie Review

Yeaaaah. Meant to update this blog more often, but I haven't watched that many of the shows I'm following this week, or just haven't wanted to ramble about them. I have, however, watched the latest episode of Magi and I sat and watched the K-ON! movie last night, but I like to keep my full reviews on Anime-Planet, so if you wish to read that then head off to here. Right, on to Magi. 

So far the show hasn't managed to grab my attention. I can't really fault it mind you, but I've struggled to click with it all the same. I sat down to watch this episode hoping that it would -finally- grab my attention and keep hold of it. Thankfully, it has kinda managed to do that.

This episode sees Aladdin and Alibaba finally complete the dungeon the two were exploring (rescuing the girl slave Morgiana and trapping the royal noble forever by the end), and both answers many questions that fans had about the characters and leaves us with many more. From this episode it's clear that Alibaba has had a much better up-bringing than the state we find in him during the first episode, it's also clear that there is much more to Aladdin than meets the eye. The adventure in the dungeon has brought Aladdin and Alibaba closer in the long run, so whatever fate that awaits the two is at least a fate which will always be shared.

For the most part the show is showing interesting characters and an interesting story. It hasn't quite grabbed my attention just yet, be it because there are stronger shows this season, or just because it's lacking in something that I haven't caught onto yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it surprise me somewhere along the line. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment